Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Ta-Dah!



It's done - finished- over! The Christmas Workshop was challenging. There is a fussiness about it. Lots of hand sewing, beads, changing colors, over-one but I am proud of it. I had to take off the sides and re sew them looser so they would bend enough to meet in the middle and so that the little cap stays on (barely!). It would have taken a lot longer if I hadn't had the kit. To track down all the parts needed would have slowed me down considerably. The finishing directions were illustrated and nicely done too. There is one pocket without a charm. It is supposed to be a scissors charm. I had one somewhere but can't find it right now.
I have had a change of heart about "Leda". I think the Prairie Schooler animal alphabet is too small. So I think I'll go with the Lizzie Kate one but leave out the background and just stitch the letters on pink and white check fabric (Graziano?). I just have to find the perfect color floss. If I use overdyed floss it will take much longer as you have to finish each stitch to get the color variation. And it looks a little striped when you get done. I stitched her brother's name with the Lizzie Kate alphabet so they will kind of match.
What fun to have the whole day to stitch - until I have to cook Sweet and Sour Pork tonight.
A

1 comment:

  1. I "stumbled" upon your site when searching for the Just Nan Christmas workshop. I've immediately added you to my favourites since I like all of your stitching!

    Would you be interested in selling me the chart?

    Thanks for letting me know!
    Ann in Belgium

    ReplyDelete