Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wednesday




I worked mostly on Butterfly Garden yesterday. I finished the stitching and then went on to get started putting it together. I tried to think of the easiest way to sew the pockets on. I tried just sewing them on with needle and thread. That looked messy. So then I tried the back stitch each piece and then sew the back stitches together. That looked good - for the first pocket. The second pocket didn't fit. I must have counted wrong. So now I have to redo it. Then I cut skirtex for the stiffness in the cover. The cover looks great! But then I laid the inside on the cover and it doesn't look like it is going to fit. ARGH. I wish I could just sew it on the sewing machine. So the bottom line is, I still have two pockets to sew to the inside and then sew the inside to the cover. Sounds simple but it is not simple and it may not fit!!! Where's my magic wand?
Halona and I made beads out of very old clay. They look really nice and I have to look up on the net to see how to bake them to hardness. We'll have to string them next week into a necklace or a bracelet.
I am on the last disc of In Treatment. All the stories are being wrapped up. Maybe I should get season 1. I have really enjoyed Season 2.
Rain, rain go away come again another day.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment