Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Pin Keep



I couldn't resist! I wanted to work on the BRSB pin keep and so I did. I finished it and now I need to finish-finish it. I love the sweet little design. I kept getting off on that little blue bird. It should have been simple to stitch. But I had to frog it several times. It is ready to be pressed and sewn together. Only two parts are left to stitch: the slightly larger pocket and the pin cushion.

I stitched on the Tea Time Basket second band but got to a tedious part, the eyelets over two threads. Ugh. I don't know why but I am drawn to Barbara Jackson designs. It certainly isn't the thread or the specialty stitches. I think part of it is the color. The colors she uses just appeal to me. Unfortunately my camera doesn't reflect the true colors. Yellow has turned pink again.

I have a pimple. It is right in the middle of my forehead. I have Clearasiled it and Neosporined it so it is on its way out of sight. I am too old for this sort of thing.
It is a nice day. It started out cold (32 degrees) but it is going to be 60.
Goals for today:
Sew together the BRSB pin keep
See how far I can get stitching the right of center Tea Time Basket
Sweep the kitchen floor and, if I have enough energy, wash it
All the laundry
Maybe homemade pizza for dinner.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment