Monday, May 16, 2011

Home in One Piece



We made it back from the wedding. We decided Maryland is not our favorite place. Especially at rush hour. The wedding was very nice and our nephew is very happy. It was good to see certain people again.
10 Things that I learned:
1. Children grow up.
2. My mother likes to try to make me feel old.
3. Foreign contingent has cameras growing out of their hands - all the time - even at breakfast in the hotel. They missed trying to take pictures up my nose, but took pictures of everything else. Live your life instead of just taking pictures of it.
4. Someone will always say "you all look alike". I was expecting that one.
5. Young people like to drink amazing amounts of beer.
6. I don't want to live in a big city.
7. Couples should elope and save a heck of a lot of money.
8. I am unlucky - I was a random pat down at the airport.
9. Concentrating on a sudoku can make you almost miss the flight home.
10. There is no place like home. There is no place like home...

Last Monday Halona and I did printing on fabric. I had some old carved wooden stamps that I bought in Boston at least 10 years ago. I think they are Indian and used for stamping fabric. I had never used them so I thought Halona and I would try them out. It was fun and the stamping turned out pretty well. I made them into bookmarks. We are just going to play a board game today. Then next week will be the last week for mentoring.
I finished the Kringle Keeper. I'll show a picture of it tomorrow. Today I'll show a picture of our new pantry shelves. Exciting!
A


No comments:

Post a Comment