Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sunday



My DH gave me some chocolate covered strawberries for Mother's Day. They are so good. They don't last long so we have to eat them up soon. The strawberries are as big as a fist. Huge.
I am working on a penny rug. I haven't made one before but after spending a lot of money on the book and the fabric kit, I had to give it a try. It is not hard at all. I was quite clever however. I scanned the pattern and printed it out on cardstock. Then I cut out a stencil for tracing where the shapes go on my background. I had to get some Heat n'Bond (Steam a Seam 2, same thing). I found a remnant for 72 cents at Joann's. I have the black mat part cut out, the leaves cut out, the flowers drawn on the Heat n'Bond. the stems drawn on the black. Once I get everything ironed on, the only thing I have to do is the handwork: buttonhole stitch around all the pieces and stem stitching of the stems.
I also worked on my second class from Celebrations, Grandma's Sewing Roll. I threw the original fabric away and used some white 30 count that I had. I also changed the edging stitch to my favorite stitch, long armed cross. We'll see how it turns out.
The electricity was blinking on and off for a while this morning. DH was afraid he would miss the Man U-Chelsea game but luckily he is watching it. DH says we are redoing the pantry this week. He emptied it out and it might actually happen. We will see how much gets done before we go to Maryland on Friday.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment