Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wednesday




Work is continuing on several fronts. DH has the pantry painted and is planning to put up the shelves today. Yea! we can get the foodstuff off the back porch. DH's car in in for an oil change today and then we are all done with car junk. The penny rug is going well and I have a couple more flowers done. I am trying to get ahead as I won't be stitching on it for a couple of days since we are leaving for Maryland on Friday morning. I finally got all the Algerian Eye stitches done on Grandma's Garden Sewing Roll. ARGH. There is writing in two of the rectangles that is slanted at a 45 degree angle. That is too much of a slant. So I was thinking about what I could do instead. I could alter the words. I could find other flowers to replace the words. I got a neat book while I was at Celebrations from Scandinavian Stitches. I really like the little motifs by Christiane Dahlbeck. I got one of her books last year and one this year. This year's book has some flowers that would be a perfect addition to Grandma's Garden Sewing Roll. They seem to be the right size and scale. I think one of the designs from the book would be very pretty for the ends of the roll. Here is a photo of Grandma's Garden Sewing Roll next to the original fabric from the kit.
It is a beautiful day here.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment