Friday, June 17, 2011

Flown





This week has just flown by. I am amazed that it is Friday - again. I finished the needlebook cover for Lounging Hare. But I was distracted by what came in the mail. I got my order and just had to try out a lucet. I had never heard of this tool until last weekend at the Blue Ribbon Sewing Box class. The teacher had a model of one of her classes called "Lucet". So I asked her what it was. The model had an unusual cording on it. The lucet was used to make that cording. It is an old timey tool that makes a square cord. So when I got mine in the mail, I looked up a video on Youtube on how to get started. My first try was lumpy but I was using some #5 pearl cotton. So I tried it with some silk serica. Then I decided to experiment with how tight you need to pull it. So I am gradually getting better at it. Of course the teacher's cording was beautiful and smooth and perfect. At first my silk serica was very very tight. It looked much better when I loosened up. But every once in a while I get a "bobble" where is isn't as tight as it should be. I figure if I use up the whole spool, I will know how to do it by the time I get to the end.

I read a recipe for making iced coffee on the Pioneer Woman site. So I tried it. I poured coffee into water and let it set all night. Then I strained it and put it in the refrigerator. This morning I used my ninja to grind up some ice and poured on the coffee, added Coffeemate and sugar and drank it with a straw. It was a lot like a frappichino. The jury is still out on whether a hot coffee is better in the morning. Maybe it would be better with a squirt of chocolate. It was interesting just to try it.

We are going wi-fi. We are working out the kinks (getting a new router). DH has a Chromebook. Cool. There will be less time fighting over who gets the computer. Theoretically.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment