Tuesday, June 14, 2011

New Projects





I love starting something new. I have Glastonbury Garden that needs finishing but I couldn't help starting on the second class project that I just took, Lounging Hare. I got a pitiful amount of stitching done yesterday. Too much time was spent catching up on blogs and goofing around. I got 3 backs slips done (the easy ones). I want to take my time and do this project perfectly. We don't have the box yet but we can finish everything and have it ready when the box arrives. I also started one of the kits I bought. It is a small design done all in a dark red on silk gauze. I haven't worked on gauze before. I always chicken out and substitute a larger count linen. But the teacher encouraged me to try it on the gauze. I have a nice tight hoop that I bought at Keepsake Quilting and now is the perfect time to use it. So I am working on it a little bit each day. I don't like how you can see the threads on the back but once the background is done it will look nice and neat.

While I was in Columbus, I bought a mini donut pan. I tried it out last night. It makes the cutest little donuts. I made chocolate ones and they were good and just the right size for a snack. They really need the icing though. I want to try cooking a cake mix in it.

I went looking for more classes and I found some. I am just addicted to nifty projects. The classes I saw were in Cinncinati in October. Lucet and Hare Pyns. I saw those projects this past weekend and they are marvelous. I ordered a lucet and hope to teach myself how to use it to make square cording. It looks easy. Famous last words.

I am going to work hard today and get lots done!
A

No comments:

Post a Comment