Saturday, July 2, 2011

Hot



It is hot today. I went to the Farmer's Market early to avoid rain and people. There was easy parking and a good selection of stuff. Chocolate cupcakes with buttercream icing this week. I got a couple of pieces of pie(apple and cherry) for DH (whether he wants them or not). It is the first week for blueberries. I think I'll make something with blueberries on the 4th of July. I saw a few tart cherries but didn't want to do all the work of pitting them and making piecrust. I'm lazy that way. Maybe next week.

I went back to my Glastonbury Garden portfolio project. I wanted to take that class for a year so now I'd better finish it off. I stitched one dimensional pocket yesterday (I added the little heart). So I have one flower pocket and one dimensional pocket left to do. I bet I can get a lot done on that today. I am reminded how tedious nun stitch is, especially a million nun stitches.

When I was at Stitchville, I tested my color memory. I have a small gauze project done all in red and I am low on the silk thread. So I tried to remember the color (the brand and number aren't given in the kit) and find it at Stitchville. It was interesting to see how close I came when I compared it to the original color. I think I nailed it!

I got into both Hare Pyns and Lucet classes. Yeah! I might get the kits for prestitching next week.

I am going to vacuum today. If I say that, then I really have to.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment