Sunday, July 17, 2011

Something Finished





It feels good to finish something. I bought this little kit for a wooden needlebook in Georgia. I think it kind-of coordinates with the lounging hare project. It is called "Mr. Butters". Mainly it is just cut and glued together. But the wooden sides make it unique. The front design (Mr. Butters, I assume) is printed on fabric. The inside is ultrasuede with pockets and a needlepage. The little needle packages were included also. I have another little butterfly kit to make that looks like fun too. It coordinates with the wheelbarrow that I have been neglecting.
I worked a bit on the background of the red bird. I think I like the look of working the background in vertical rows as opposed to basketweave which is worked on the diagonal. I was trying to find the most even looking way to stitch without getting a "lined" look.
I worked a bit on Hare Pyns. I timed myself to see how long it took to do a row of bargello. It took 22 minutes. I have twelve more rows of bargello to finish the back. I guess if I worked on it all afternoon I could finish but I might be bored out of my mind. We'll see. Sometimes I like the mindless repetition. Sometimes I like excitement. Although excitement for me is starting something new.
I plan to watch the final game of the Women's World Cup this afternoon and root for the USA.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment