Monday, September 12, 2011

Great Start


I've had a great start to the week and it is only Monday! I had a fabulous time at the Kindred Spirits Sampler Guild meeting yesterday. I was an hour and a half early. I didn't want to depend on Google maps estimate of how long it would take me so I left early. Google told me it would take 2 hours and 8 minutes and they were exactly right! So I sat in my car and watched people leave when church was over. I ventured in to find a bathroom and saw where the meeting would probably be held. Then I stitched in the car and waited for stitchy looking people to show up. There were somewhere around 40 people there. I met some new friends (Hi Judy) I was glad there were some snacks (lunch!). I loved seeing what other people were stitching. I saw CA Wells' Mermaid bag all made up. I have that pattern and wasn't sure I wanted to make it, but it was very sweet. I got to show off some of my stuff. And I got to see some new designs from my friend the designer. There was a drawing for a basket of goodies. (I didn't win but a very nice lady did.) There also was the opportunity to order some Nantucket baskets. I am a sucker for baskets. What I wanted most from the meeting was a little kit by my friend the designer. So during the meeting, I worked on that. I love it!
Then this morning our contractor, Joe, came over to see the tiling we want done. I proposed the pattern I wanted, and he seemed to think it was possible. So he is going to call me later today after he talks to the expert at the tile store. We are an inch closer to getting the kitchen done.
The bathrooms are clean so I can stitch this afternoon. Fun!
A

No comments:

Post a Comment