Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fast Boat

I just finished the little canoe pin cushion. It doesn't really stand up very well but it is so cute, I don't care. I am taking off for the Kindred Spirits Sampler Guild meeting this afternoon. It seems crazy that the drive lasts longer than the meeting. But I am stretching myself. Usually I am scared to drive very far. This is a feeling that is reinforced by DH. But I'm going to break out of my shell and go. It is fun to see what everybody is stitching and to sit and stitch for a while. It is too easy to stay in a little cocoon at home and not interact with the rest of the world. I am taking my Barbara Jackson Tea Time Basket and Succulent Strawberry as the guild is thinking of offering these classes. Actually I hope they opt for a different class from Barbara Jackson since I've already done the ones they are considering. I want to do that strawberry needlebook she is doing at Williamsburg.
I quilted three more squares on the quilt and so far I have six done. Fourteen to go. I'm getting better as I go along.
I timed myself to see how long it would take to make the flat braid cord on the lucet. After about 40 minutes, I decided to start over. Some of the cord was way too loose. I am still learning how to get the tension even. I let the finished part of the cord dangle too much. So then I started over and made sure to have my finger on the cord as I was "luceting". That turned out better and took about an hour to do. It still isn't perfect but it is much better. I have several more sections to do. Finishing this is going to take a while.
It is a wonderful fall day here. Nice day for a drive.
A

1 comment:

  1. What a neat boat! I look forward to seeing the other pieces. Have a good day

    ReplyDelete