Friday, October 14, 2011

I like Artsy



So yesterday I picked up the backsplash tile. I wanted something out of the ordinary and on the artsy side. The listello I picked was the only one I really liked and was unusual. It was interesting to see a whole 12 inch tile. I didn't realize it was a long/short/long/short pattern. I love the shiny/nonshiny design. It will be so interesting to see it actually put in the kitchen. It goes with the colors in the counter very well.
I finished the quilting! I cut the bias strips. I just decided to cut five inch strips and see what size border looked good to me. I think I like the larger border which will be somewhere around two inches. The alternative is a one inch border. Too small.
I had such fun stitching A Spot in the Mountains. I made it up to the canoe. I want to stitch the people in the canoe today as well as that cute dog.
I ironed the pockets for the lucet holder. I am lacing them together. I made the mistake of ironing on the lucet cord. Actually, I wanted to see what would happen if I ironed on it. Well it made the cord very flat. Which means, Jenny, that it won't show much on the underside if you iron it. Just don't iron the right side. I think if you need to, you can cut it off on the back side and rethread the loops to close it if it is way too long. I am going to try one more time to make some nice even lucet flat braid for the front and back of the lucet holder. The unevenness drives me crazy.
A

1 comment:

  1. Love the tiles Amy - you have very good taste!
    And the quilt looks beautiful.
    Tomorrow will be an update on A Spot in the Mountains - or will it be a completed Lucet Holder. I'll drop by for a visit tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete