Thursday, October 6, 2011

Lucet Holder




I have been working on the lucet holder. I got the pattern at a class last weekend. I have the front and the back of the holder done but there is lucet cording to add in the finishing where those dashed lines are. I just have the little inside pockets to stitch. I hope to get one done today and to start on the second one. I love the flower design. The over one doesn't even phase me. I like it!
I ironed the quilt sandwich this morning and laid it out on the living room floor. Then I used the whole package of safety pins to pin it together. I traced a circle of hearts in one corner just to try the quilting. I quilted it on my machine. But you can't even see it! I dare you to try and find six hearts in that quilt picture. I guess I don't have to worry about it being a little sloppy stitching-wise, since it is really hard to see. I could try and make it more visible by using a contrasting color of thread. It is hard to maneuver the quilt around while stitching. I guess I just wanted it quilted and not messy looking. I have 19 more squares to go. The shower is about 5 weeks away so I can't put it off too long.
I accidentally washed my bird pin. It survived without a lot of damage. I just had to iron it back into a flat shape.
I got a jelly roll of Kaffe Fassett fabric when I went to San Jose. I would never buy any of those fabrics on its own. They are ugly but colorful. But I have seen some of his quilts and they are gorgeous and so brightly colored. So this is my first try at putting garish patterns together in hopes of making something beautiful. I have to figure out a pattern to cut this into for a lap quilt.
I'm making chili today.
A

1 comment:

  1. You are making good progress on all your projects. Do you have an email address for Sherri Jones - if you think she wouldn't mind I would like to email her a couple of questions. Well I'd really rather that she turned up on my door step one day and said "Hi Margaret I've come to visit" but as that;s highly unlikely I thought I might visit her by email.
    Enjoy your weekend. We have an embroiderers regional day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete