Monday, October 10, 2011

To There and Back



I drove over 5 hours yesterday so needless to say, I didn't get a lot of stitching done. It was great to be around other stitchers and see what they are working on. There was a "show and tell" of projects. One lady made a gorgeous Halloween quilt. It was embroidered. I should have taken a picture. The machine quilting was of pumpkins with a curly vine. Perfect. I worked on lucet cording while the meeting was going on. But I think I need total silence and a zen attitude to get it to be even. I started over about three times. I have two cords that are more than 8 inches long. But I am unsure whether they are good enough. I'm thinking that stretching them out will make them look better. I brought my Barbara Jackson basket and strawberry to the meeting and I think people appreciated seeing the project in person before signing up for it. There were snacks at the meeting: chips and dips, cheese and crackers, mini cupcakes (yum, I had two) and candy corn. Nice lunch for me.
I started on the other side of the scissors keep and the needle page for "A Spot in the the Mountains". I am anxious to start the actual front of the pocket but knew I should only start it when I am bright-eyed and bushy tailed. Maybe today??
I got 1 1/2 squares quilted on the baby quilt. 12 1/2 to go. Little by little it is getting done.
The bathrooms are clean so I am good to go. I am anxious to see Gay Ann Rogers E-Week sale as I really want a couple of her needlecase patterns. It starts on Wednesday. I am getting excited about next Sunday's class "Button Brag Book". I really want to see how it is put together.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment