Monday, November 28, 2011

Better Late than Never



I am late in posting because I wanted to tell you how things went with Dylan. I was worried about time management. It is so silly. But I didn't sleep well. I was worried I would be late to see Dylan since I was going to Panera first. But all went well. Panera only took about 10 minutes and I was early getting to Dylan's school. I picked him up and asked him if he was brave. His first answer was "no"! So I explained that I brought him lunch and was he brave enough to try it? We went to the mentoring room and I showed him what I had. He could choose tomato soup or chicken noodle soup, turkey sandwich, chips and a mango smoothie. He only ate one of the things I brought. The mango smoothie. He was going to eat the chicken soup but he caught sight of the carrots floating on top and said no thanks. He looked at the sandwich, no thanks. He tried the chips and ate a couple then threw the rest away. So we went down to the cafeteria and he got his regular lunch. He only ate the chicken nuggets and threw the rest away. So, okay, I learned something about what he will eat or not eat. He says he likes tacos but not spicy. So maybe I'll try Qdoba next and get him a decent taco and see if he will eat it. When kids get used to crappy food it is hard to convince them to try healthier food.
It has been ages since I played Yahtzee or checkers or Uno. But Dylan and I played those games today.
I worked on Mountain Flowers and am half done with the front. When I saw Sherri's Mountain Flowers I had to feel it to make sure it was stitching and not fabric design.
I achieved my goals from yesterday. I got to page 200 in V is for Vengeance. I put page two into my Buttons book. I finished stitching the Fashions page and started on the card frame. I think I can finish the stitching on Buttons today. I still have the buttons cards to lace together but I am approaching being d-o-n-e!!!!
I did some very fun cyber buying last night. DH said to order the stuff I want for Christmas - so I did. The purse I was interested in is on sale. Yeah! Merry Christmas to me.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment