Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Let Them Eat Prunes



My favorite holiday food comes from my Grandma Wilkinson. She always made prune bread. I think I'll make some today. I haven't really perfected the recipe and some part of it is usually undercooked. Prunes used to come in a one pound package and have instructions for cooking them in a quart of water and then you had to pit them. I like that now you buy them already pitted. You have to be careful not to get the flavored ones. But I have to guess at how much water to boil them in. I'll freeze some for Christmas. I went to the big grocery store yesterday and it was a zoo. I was so tired when I came home. And there were still a few things I didn't get.
I showed Dylan how to work the Cricut machine. He cut out a few things but then he was done. He wanted to play a game. So we did. He was so sweet. He brought me a gift. It was a necklace (like the ones you wear during Marti Gras) that he bought at a garage sale. His lunch was awful - again. He had the choice of a hot dog or chicken nuggets. He chose the chicken nuggets. He didn't eat the beans, fruit cocktail or wheat roll. Who thinks up this marvelous menu of barfy food? Maybe I could take him something better from Panera. Tomato soup and a turkey sandwich. Hey, I'd like that.
I was so tired that not much stitching got done yesterday. I only got 5 diamond shapes on Mountain Flowers done. That's all. But as Sister Anthonita always used to say, "Tomorrow is another day". Indeed that is true.
A

1 comment:

  1. Mountain Flowers is coming along fast. looks beautiful too. I'll be interested to hear if Dylan does enjoy a turkey sandwich and tomato soup?

    ReplyDelete