Saturday, December 10, 2011

Playing Santa








I decided to skip pilates today and crank out all the Christmas cards, write the Christmas letter and go to the Post Office and send them all off. I did it! But I am waiting on 2 addresses and I need one more gift card. Then I am done!! Wow that is a heavy load off my shoulders. I think caramel corn day will be next Tuesday. That is the day I make a couple of batches of caramel corn to send to the kids. My goal is to get their boxes sent off on Wednesday the 14th.
I got some great buttons from my sister. She has some buttons from her MIL and she sent me some interesting ones. I still need to find some calicos.
The Stitching tour of the Sewing Room is hitting another corner today. As I went to take a picture of the Shepherd's Bush stitching, I found several more things behind it. Some are very personal. My youngest sister who died in 1983 drew the caricatures. My son wrote me a note when he was about 5. It was so sweet that I framed it. Somebody (I forget who)framed my book and gave it to me. There have been people who have been very kind to me. Speaking of kind, my friend Margaret sent me a lovely calendar of embroidery. How nice! I will enjoy it all year. Thanks Margaret!
I have both the outside covers of my Lucet holder done and am ready to start construction. I'm hoping to get a little bit of stitching in today.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment