Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Sun







The sun is shining. I've been to pilates.
I worked on the smocked dress and made good progress. Right now I am trying to find the sleeves. I'm sure I cut them out when I cut out the dress but, alas, I can't find them. I'll just cut out a couple more. I still don't like the dress but it is much closer to being finished. The smocking doesn't show up very well. It gets lost in the design on the fabric.
I finished up Mountain Flowers yesterday. I like how it went together and that no raw edges show. It is a clever design. I am really happy with it. It was a lot of work since is stitched with one ply floss over one and has specialty stitches. It turned out great and was worth the effort.
I took a look at Winter Cottage trying to remember where I was when I put it down. It is not my cup of tea. It is so much more a needlepoint piece than a cross stitch piece. I am not happy with the one ply coverage. It is more work than it should be. Does that make sense? But I really do want to stitch it and furthermore I have the Townhouse to stitch too.
The Stitching Tour of the Sewing Room's Unfinished Drawer continues with a sweet design from the internet of a bird and an alphabet. Then there is a large Shepherd's Bush kit, Fair Philomel. I don't like that lost r that should be on the end of sample. It is a shame not to do something with it though.
Today I want to work on Winter Cottage and see if I can get close to finishing the front.
Merry Christmas!
A

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Amy. I love your Mountain Flowers. I didn't know what the finished project looked like so was having trouble visualizing. It came out great. I am working on the Townhouse Needle case and you are right -- it is a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Amy, congratulations on Mountain Flowers. You have done well - I love the way this turned out. Great to see the smocking too. All the best for the Townhouse. We are sitting quietly listening to Christmas carols and waiting for the Christmas Dinner to cook when we will then eat far too much, listen to the Queen's Speech and probably fall asleep. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete