Sunday, March 11, 2012

Ready for Spring Fling




I am almost ready for Spring Fling. I stitched and finished the strawberry yesterday. I am going to line the pinkeep front and back with the dupioni silk and then I am done until we go to class in April. I am nearly out of some of the threads. I saw another design by this designer and it is done with very similar threads and stitches. I'm thinking if she surprises us with a small matching project that it will be the thimble holder that I saw she was doing for a different retreat. It has the same flower and bargello as the pin keep front.
I am all stitched for one class at the June Retreat. I am signed up for another class but the stitching doesn't look daunting. It starts with nun's stitch all around each of the tiny pieces though. ARGH. You know how I love nun's stitch. There is a feather stitch in an uneven oval that I want to alter (make even) just a bit and maybe add a few flowers to, and change the font for the words and maybe change the words.
I am debating as to whether to frame B My Valentine with the frame that I ordered for Claire's birth announcement or order another one. Frames are too expensive not to use though.
I am going to concentrate on making progress on the Vierlande Winder's Keeper. Two of the winder's keeper inserts are one thread over from where they should be but I don't think it makes a difference. It is really hard to stitch with the thread that is the same color as the linen. Very hard to see.
I read the first chapter of The Thirteenth Tale and it is intriguing. I'd like to read what happens next.
It is supposed to be a lovely warm day. Spring!
A

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy - I see that you are going to Spring Fling in April; will this be your first time coming to the Stitchville retreat? Wondering where you are coming from? I will be there too!

    What retreat are you going to in June?

    Your stitching and finishing are lovely!

    My email: tadten @ msn . com (remove spaces)

    ReplyDelete