Saturday, March 17, 2012

Weekend





I'm all stretched out from Pilates. Now on to the fun stuff. I finished the center medallion of the Vierlande Winders Keeper. I think just little stuff is left now. But I'm afraid there is a lot of backstitching around them. I keep meaning to read the directions. (Famous last words!)
I put on some more felt pieces on Sugar Plum Fairy. I'm still working on the cuff. Three gold stars are next to applique. I kitted up the Snowman stocking - just in case I need to start something new.
My St. Patrick's Day project is Chocolate Mint cupcakes. I have gathered (actually DH, who does the shopping) all the necessary (and naughty as in cream cheese, sour cream and heavy cream) ingredients and I plan to put them together this afternoon. We thought about going to Mulligans but it is Saturday (too busy) and the NCAA basketball games are on (too loud). So we'll just stay home. It is a lovely day outside, no coat or sweater needed. It's supposed to be like this for the next week. Spring starts on Tuesday. Son#2 and DIL sent a darling video of Claire all dressed up for St. Patrick's Day and she is trying to talk. So cute.
I was at my LNS yesterday and picked up a small chart. I had been admiring a photo on David's blog of a pouch that is cross stitched. It is a French pattern that costs 20 dollars. So this is my substitute. I'm think I'll use Gloriana's Bellagio for the flowers and see how that looks. I'm trying not to give in and order the French pattern as I have three orders in right now from three different places. I'm bad.
There were no IPads to be had at Target. Not a big surprise. I'll keep checking back to see if they have gotten any more.
I finally finished my book. Now I am back to the land of the living and ready to get busy. Although, I can start a new book if I want.
A

1 comment:

  1. Amy, Spring has arrived! Lovely crocus. Your Vierlande Winders Keeper is gorgeous. There sure is a lot of stitches in that one!

    ReplyDelete