Thursday, April 19, 2012

Back to My Real Life

Well now I am back home and trying to get back to what I was working on before my trip.  When I got back home I had a package waiting for me.  It was the tool to make the woven edge and drawstrings for the Vierlande Winders' Keeper.  I want to try it out using some pearl cotton.  I read through the finger looping instructions which are for the drawstrings yesterday.  The instructions are very good and nicely illustrated.  I got two more eyelets done - nine to go.

Since I found some sweet material at the Fabric Outlet in Minneapolis, I cut out the lining for the Sugar Plum Fairy Stocking.  I can get that done in an hour.

Then I finished off the Purple Thread strawberry.

I put the beads on the Purple Thread needlebook and it is ready to be finished.  I have one more Purple Thread kit and I am changing the linen.  I really don't like over dyed linen.  It's wrinkly and blotchy and looks like it is dirty.  So I am using some off-white linen from my stash.

I have enjoyed reading other blogger's postings and pictures about the retreat.  (With Needle and Thread, Stitching Squad)
I saw Dylan on Tuesday.  He was great.  It is his birthday in two weeks so I want to get him a game and a cake.  He enjoyed playing Rush Hour and is getting very good at it.  Our plants aren't dead yet.  We even had two sprouts.  We only have about six more times to get together before the school year is over.
Have a fun Thursday!
A

No comments:

Post a Comment