Monday, April 30, 2012

Birthday Boy

Dylan's 10th birthday is tomorrow so we are celebrating today.  I have a gift and the cake is cooling right now.  He wants to make smoothies so I am taking all the stuff to do that.  We'll have some personal pan pizzas and I hope he has a great time.  I'll take my camera so I can take pictures to show you.
I finished the Vierlande Winders' Keeper!  At last!  It took me three months and was a major project.  I am very proud to have finished it.  All the little mistakes along the way are not noticeable now.

 I am happy that I can show the designer what I have accomplished with her great directions. I really like the pinball and the balls on the ends of the drawstrings.

 I tried fooling with the winders trying to figure out a way to make them more stable.  I have some scrapbooking stick'em things that I cut into very small pieces and put on the tips so the winder wouldn't fall apart.  It feels much better but I have to make sure the double stick tape doesn't show.  But I still have 7 more to make.

 Don't tell anybody, but I'd kind of like to stitch the Friesland version too.  Just not right now.  But I bet it would be way easier now that I have done it once.

There are 2970 stitches in this half of the chart.  I am down to only about 35 let to do.  That's a lot of stitches.
I know the photo doesn't look much different than yesterday but the right half is totally done now.
A

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on an amazing project completed. This is truly a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful design - a lot of work but worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete