Friday, July 13, 2012

Flower Countdown

There are 24 flowers to do on Briar Rose.  I am working on #10.  That's pretty good as there are 25 days until the Needlework Guild of Minnesota Retreat.  I am going to fill in the roses later.  Just getting the outline in is good enough for right now.  I have half of the outline done so that's good too.

I finished the lower corner of Mute But Not Silent.

Now I am starting Mrs. Hoeksma, the Captain's wife.

I finished the second alphabet on the top section of Beautiful using two strands of the recommended floss.  I'm glad I'm not doing the whole thing in this floss as it doesn't show up very well.

I also like the added colors.  I went looking for a vine green and a flower color for the lower vine motif.  I'm leaning towards a yellowy green and light blue flowers.  I worry about putting in too many different colors.  I like the Gilded Lavendar that I am using for the checked border.  I opted for two strands again, as one seemed too light.

I can't believe it is Friday so soon, again.  Times flies when you're old.
A

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful stitching, I love Briar Rose.

    ReplyDelete