Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Stained Glass Roses

There are many over-dyed flosses that I just love the colors in them.  However, stitched  up they don't look that great.  So it was with trepidation that I took Gloriana's Cottage Woods silk floss and stitched up the inside of a rose on Briar Rose.  I knew I wouldn't want to take it out if it looked funky.  Over one stitching is such a bear to take out.  I think I like how it turned out.  It looks sort of like stained glass.  It's like each petal is a different color.  Now I have to figure out how to balance out the colors.  Maybe one stained glass rose on each side.

Here is a finished strawberry.  The cording turned out nice and tight.

I am working on the bottom section of Beautiful.  I am trying to use the same colors I used in the top section so that it goes together.  I took a photo of it next to a yardstick so you can see how long it is.  The fabric is 33 1/2 inches long.


Things to be thankful for:
I am not at the DMV renewing my driver's license.  (DH is)
I don't have to cook tonight (Noodles & Company instead)
Exercise class is over for today (I'm recovering from being red-faced and sweaty)
I made it to the top of Mute But Not Silent.  It will be possible to finish it in this century.
Have a great day!
A

1 comment:

  1. Love that rose - the colours have turned out so pretty. Also the strawberry - what a good idea to buttonhole around the leaf. You have such great finishing ideas - I might copy this one!! Enjoy the noodles tonight - is it still too hot to cook?

    ReplyDelete