Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pin Ball Ring

I bought this kit on the Bay of Evil.

It was cute.  At first I thought it was needlepoint but when I read the description I found it was cross stitch.  I didn't read it that carefully as I thought the ring came with it.  But come to find out, the ring is readily available from a shop in Colonial Williamsburg.  So I looked the shop on the internet that sells the pin ball ring and was shocked to find it is rather pricey.  You can buy the ring without the chain for 125 dollars (!) or with the chain for 250 dollars(!).  Are you kidding me?  It looks like the ring of a canning jar and it doesn't have to be silver for heaven's sakes.  Well, nevermind.  The kit contains aida cloth and being the linen snob that I am, I will most certainly change the fabric out for some nice linen.  My favorite linen of late is Wichelt Sandstone 32 count.  My BFF told me lots of designers use this in their kits.  I bought a stitcher's half and have been using it like crazy.  I substituted it for the linen in the Cherished Stitches Limited Edition kit and am really liking it.  I also changed out the threads too.
 
I finished the second temari in my cyberclass.


It turned out fine even though I am not a fan of the colors.  Only one to go.  But it is the big one.
I did some doodling on a scan of my bird.

It is hard to get a good idea of how it might look using a black marker so now I have to try out some varigated pearl cotton and see how it looks.  I am limited on colors but I probably have something that will do.
I'm going to kit up the ornament for Claire today.
I finished Pink Lemonade and need to get started on the finishing.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment