Monday, October 29, 2012

The Beginning of a New Week

I am fully recovered from my terrible trip.  Now on to other things.  The bathrooms are clean and I am going to see Dylan today.  That will be great.
I worked on the paper mache book project and am almost done.  The book is all lined.


  I am working on the little pocket.  It looked very easy and simple.  See how the pocket matches the wallpaper design?

  Nope.  It is charted and meant to be worked on the diagonal.  Boy, is that hard!  I had a difficult time figuring out where I was.  I don't think it needed to be on the diagonal, it would have been a snap done regularly.  But I won't let it beat me.  I will do it!
The finishing should take about half an hour - according to the teacher.  We'll see.


I put in some more stitches in this French bag project that has been neglected for too long.  It is on 40 count but that is no longer difficult as I have worked enough on 40 to be comfortable.  I changed the pink flower out and I like the new teal flower much better.  I am almost done with the back of the bag.  I have to decide if I am going to change the front design.  Theoretically the front should go faster.  Knock on wood.

I got a package over the weekend.  I signed up for Orna Willis's cyberclass called Dolci Beads.  I got the kit part of it that included nice tools and nice threads.  It will be fun to make.  The Orna Willis class I took at the Needlework Guild of Minnesota Retreat had a large excellent chart with good directions.  I got to see the Dolci Beads in person there and wanted to do them ever since. I wonder when it starts?


Also, I got notification that the Victorian Painted Lady needle case by Gay Ann Rogers is winging it's way to me.  I love to get stuff in the mail.  I better finish up Winter Cottage and fast!
A


1 comment:

  1. I've heard so many great things about the Orna Willis works.....

    ReplyDelete