Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Maryann

Yes, her name is Maryann.  I finished stitching her up last night.  Now I need to see if the piece of fabric I have is large enough to totally finish Maryann into a pillow.  I want to put a strip of fabric above and below the stitching.  I'd like to put some cording on the edge but I can do that in another fabric if I need to.  That is my goal today, to get it completely done.


I went looking at the fabric store for a pattern for the dress I want to make Claire.  It is hard to find smocked dress patterns anymore.  I guess they are a specialty item now.  It looks like I will have to go looking for a dress pattern in a box of old patterns that I have stored downstairs.  I was trying to avoid that.
If I can't find anything, I will use the pattern that I found in an old Smocking Magazine from 1999.  I want different sleeves than the one in the magazine.  We'll see what I come up with.

I order "The Art of William Morris in Cross Stitch" off of ebay. (1.99).  I think it may help me with some designs for my casket.  The shipping cost more than the book! (3.99).

The new curio (from Santa) is to be delivered on Friday.  That means I have to take everything out of the china cabinet and curio#1 so they can be moved to make way for curio#2.  That is another one of my goals today.  I'd better get busy.
A


1 comment:

  1. Amy, there's a local shop called Martha's Heirlooms that specializes in smocking. http://www.marthasheirlooms.com/ You might get in touch with her and see if she might have what you need. It's a thought!

    ReplyDelete