Saturday, December 22, 2012

New Things

I have a few new things to start on.  I love a kit.  One that has everything you need all in a bag.  When I saw the kit being offered for the ornament on the front of Sampler and Antique Needlework Quarterly, I gave in and ordered it.  It was offered by Needle in a Haystack.  Tracking down the purse hardware and the unusual threads, much less a Japanese needle on my own would be challenging.  The kit came in the mail yesterday.

 So now I must track down my copy of the magazine (I think I know which pile it is in).  Needle in a Haystack even transferred the pattern to the fabric.  It will be interesting to try making this ornament.
Then I finally was able to contact the designer of a cyberclass I signed up for.  Evidently I got a partial kit that didn't include the canvas or the information about accessing the class.  So now I have that information and I went out yesterday and bought some congress cloth, hoping it was the correct size (24 count?).  So I can start that if I want also.

What a fun day to start some new things!
A

No comments:

Post a Comment