Sunday, February 24, 2013

Close But No Cigar

I just finished the stitching for the inside right page of the Painted Lady Sewing Case.  Yeah!  The next step is to stitch the joins between the pages.  I have to go back and read the directions.  Then I can put it together.  Yippee!!  It seems like I have been working on this forever.



 There are so many other things I want to play around with.  It occured to me that I could use the same threads that I am stitching on the SANQ Merry Cox box for Rhapsody in Blue.  I want to try out just that little flower to see how it looks before tomorrow's class start.

I goofed around with the other side of the scissors fob for Spring Fling.  I thought the strawberry shape should be red.  I like blue birds and I chose an overdyed green and a gold for the accents.  So this is how it turned out:

I'm not sure yet which on I like better.

I think maybe I should have change the edging color as well.  As I get ready to do the main piece, I have to decide which color scheme to use.
Have a happy Sunday.
A

4 comments:

  1. My vote is for the starwberries to be red. The ones in my garden are definitely red - and sweet and juicy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,
    It seems to me that your gruesome piece is almost at the finish! I admire your persistance after having read the stories on this sewing case :-).
    I can't wait to see it finished (and you to I can imagine - smile).
    Kind greetings,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Margaret, my vote is for the blue bird and red berries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because there are only 4 small designs to stitch, I think you should make them in both colorways (easy for me to tell you to stitch double!) We are going to be painting the box in class Friday night, so I am guessing the paint the teacher will bring will match the kit fibers. When you get home, you can buy another box and paint it in colors to match your other set of stitching... your BFF

    ReplyDelete