Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day - Tomorrow

I thought I would dig out some valentines that I made when I was a teacher.  I love making things and Valentine's Day was a wonderful excuse to make something.  I was looking for a different card but came across this simple one.

There is a printed vellum outer cover that ties with a ribbon through a punched design.

Then inside there is a tissue paper and doily collaged heart on a stamped card.

On the back is a greeting printed on vellum.

I achieved my goal of finishing the front of the Painted Lady needlebook.  I also got the stupid nun stitches done for one side of the inside of the needlebook.

I am changing the border a bit.  It was too simple.  I want to change the wording too as I don't like it and it is the same as the back of the sewing case.  I haven't thought of anything more meaningful.  Maybe a flower or something would be nice.  That's more me, I put flowers on everything.  I love how the front of the needlebook turned out.  It makes me want to tear out all the background on the outside front and replace it with the light blue straight stitch.
Wishing you a happy Valentine's Day - tomorrow.
A

1 comment:

  1. It's already Valentines Day in NZ as I read your post - so Happy Valentines to you too. Will DH bring red roses? I love the card and the progress on your Painted Lady.

    ReplyDelete