Friday, April 19, 2013

Hair on My Mermaid

Yesterday I spent the day putting hair on my mermaid.  I told DH that and he looked at me kind of weird.  I guess that sounds a bit odd.  I also put scales on my mermaid.  All I did was backstitch.  But it was a very complicated backstitch: over one, two or three on 32.  I really like the Bijoux thread used on the scales. It has just the right amount of sparkle.  Here is the result:

Today I'm going to be working on the other smaller mermaid.  She needs some hair too.  I haven't read ahead enough to know if she will have scales too.  I like the anticipation of not knowing yet.  Who says stitching isn't exciting?

A




3 comments:

  1. It's looking good so far Amy.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a beautiful mermaid. I love the tail

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her hair. Her mirror looks like the man in the moon.

    ReplyDelete