Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Marching On

Well, I started a new part of the Needleworker's Pocketbook.  I thought, what is the easiet part?  The ruler of course.

 It only has four strawberries that peek through the holes.  So that's what I started on yesterday.  Of course I can't count correctly so a strawberry had to be moved over a couple of stitches.  I am not crazy about basting so I quickly abandoned that half way round.  It was fun to see what it would look like in the ruler.

So then I went on to start the main piece.  There are cartouches at the top.  My favorite.  So I started on those.  I did the first half cartouche.  I got one thread off somewhere but I never did find it and decided it didn't matter really in the whole scheme of things.  I made my bird blue instead of blah.  He's the blue bird of happiness.

I decided I should finish the Strawberry Thief today so that I can send the chart on to a friend. There isn't that much left to do.  Over one is just a bit tedious though.


The Cabinet of Curiosities Kit 2 is supposed to be sent off today.  I expect it will be full of a variety of threads and maybe some paste.  That will be fun to get later this week (if I'm lucky).  The mailman didn't bring me anything fun yesterday.  I'll give him another chance today.
A

1 comment:

  1. Great progress.
    I like the little Bluebird. :)
    Strawberry Thief is looking good too.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete