Friday, June 14, 2013

Mirror, Mirror

I try to avoid mirrors actually.  I ignore them, pretend they aren't there.  Even when I am in the front row in exercise class, I don't look at myself in the wall of mirrors that is right in front of me.  I like my mermaid's mirror though.  It is supposed to look like her fingers are wrapped around the handle.  It's not quite centered over her stitched reflection but it is fine anyway.

I got the next strawberry row done on the Needleworker's Pocketbook.  I used yet a different light coral for the tip of the strawberry and really like it. It's a keeper.  I've started the two rows below it.  Slow but sure, I'm the stitching hare.  See how long it is getting.

Since I finished the mermaid lessons, I have been itching to start something new.  But I know stuff is coming in the mail that I will want to start for sure.  So I'm holding off and just putting a few stitches in WIP's from my laundry basket of shame.

I so enjoyed Lisa's blog (The Inspired Stitcher) about her trip to Michigan.  I wish I'd been with her when she stopped at shops along the way and to Margriet Hogue's class with our guild.  I have to remember that in one month my BFF and I are going to a retreat at Silver Needle in Tulsa.  One more thing to cross off my bucket list.
A

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed the post, Amy. It was a fun weekend. I can't wait to hear all about your adventure with BFF! That's on my bucket list too...someday. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress on both.
    Have fun in Tulsa!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete