Saturday, September 14, 2013

Cooler

It is cooler today.  I didn't wear shorts as it was cold.  There is a touch of fall in the air.
I managed to lose a tomato between here and the Farmer's Market.  I don't know what happened to it.  I just know that I can't find it.  Dang.  It was for cutting up on our turkey burgers on Monday.  Oh, well.

I got the needle weaving done on one side of Ebony and Ivory.

I started the other two rows just to see what it is going to look like.  I need to start the needle weaving on the other side of the middle band now.  I want to cut the other pieces of linen and be ready to start some of the smalls.

Then I worked on the hard side of the mermaid's shell.

I made some progress even though it doesn't look like it.  I want to start at an entirely different place today, the bottom of the shell - and see how far I get.
I feel like I need a break from these two projects.  I want to start something new.  I know I shouldn't.  We'll see how long I can resist!

I got my Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue in the mail.

I have always thought that subscribers should get it as soon as (or even before) shops get it in.  I think that is happening now.  That's good.  I looked through the issue and see several things I'd like to make.  I have a soft spot for Pat Thode's santas.  I really like the one in this issue ( it is the one to the right of where is says "all skill levels") although I think I'll leave out the tree.
A

2 comments:

  1. I love that issue of JCS and most years a friend from Texas sends me one. I have made lots of the ornaments but never tried any of the cooking - that always seems odd for a stitching magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to getting my ornament issue. I see you can download it now but I think I still prefer to have a copy in my hand to go through. Nice progress on your WIP's!

    ReplyDelete