Thursday, October 31, 2013

What's Happening?

What is happening today?  Well, it rained all night long and it is supposed to rain all day too.  That is typical Halloween weather for this part of the country.  The leaves have been raked to the front of the house and are being picked up by the city.  I filled up my Longaberger basket with treats.  I bet the rain will keep the number of trick-or-treaters down this year.

I got some progress made on the seed stitch background of the mirror frame.  I'm hoping to get much more done today.  I'd like to get up to the top of the mermaids, but we'll see how it goes.  The seed stitching makes the design stand out better.

I finished the one lower side of the UnPlayed Piano and started the other one.  I am contemplating putting animals on the top side.  Like a rabbit on one side and a fish on the other.  But I have that window already stitched on one side but it is going the wrong direction.

  It will be a pain to take out.  I'll have to figure out something.  Maybe I'll stitch the fish on the end of the main piece of linen and hope it works out.

Sweet Claire is dressing up as a Michigan cheerleader for Halloween.  Go Blue M!  That's what she says instead of M Go Blue!
A


3 comments:

  1. Hi Amy! I'm a new follower :)

    I love your WIPS especially the one with the mermaids! Are they drawn onto the fabric freehand???

    Have a Happy Halloween!

    Melissa
    stjohnsstitcher.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. The seed stitch sure makes the mermaids 'pop out'. Claire is a cute cheerleader. Hasn't she grown!

    ReplyDelete