Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Ta-Dah!

I have finished the Mermaid's Treasures  project.  Here are all the pieces.



I am in the middle of making another snail but that doesn't count.  I did it!  I learned a lot and tried more than a few new stitches and techniques.  Thank you Amy Mitten for such great directions that I could actually do this.

Dylan enjoyed decorating the gingerbread house yesterday.  It was a good time.

I really tried hard to get my steps in despite a wonky knee.  I went to the Y after seeing Dylan and hitting the grocery store.  I made it (through pain!) to 10,000 steps but I'm paying for it today.  My knee hurts so I am being a slug.  No exercise class or walking.  Not doing much of anything.  However, I finished the USA Today crossword puzzle and Sudoku.
I am hoping to finish up a few things in my sewing room.  I need to cut out and sew on the scissors holder on the back of  Ebony and Ivory's pin keep.  I am going to make the second batch of caramel corn this afternoon.  The Christmas tree still isn't up.  Maybe tomorrow.
A


13 comments:

  1. Wow! You have done a fabulous job Amy - they are gorgeous. Your work on these has inspired me to sign up for the Casket Treasures - can't wait.

    Alison
    Godalming, UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! You should be super proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on a job beautifully done!
    What treasures you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I hope these get a front row position in your Curio Cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful work you have done!
    Look after the knee won't you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic work Amy, well done! You must send photos to Amy so that she knows you have completed the project -your pictures are inspiring me to get on with mine -once I have finished Ebomy &Ivory -which might be a while yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your finish Amy!!
    I've enjoyed watching your progress on this piece.
    It looks Ma-velous!!!
    What a treasure you have.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly beautiful! I have so enjoyed watching you stitch these. What is next? lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's truly a masterpiece and you deserves major compliments.
    Thank you for this long trip you've offered to your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is completely and utterly stunning! A true masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are such an inspiration to us all -- these are expertly done and absoultely gorgeous! -BFF

    ReplyDelete