Sunday, December 22, 2013

We Have a Snail

All was not smooth sailing but the snail is now done.  When I got the shell done, I attached it to the front side.  Then I thought "Can I put this together now?"  No.  Next comes the snail foot.  It is worked in detached buttonhole.  The hardest part was finding the page with the pattern on it. There are over a hundred and fifty pages of instructions for the Mermaid's Treasures.  The foot turned out better than when I did it the first time.  Check that off.  Now can I put it together?  Yes!  So I stacked up the pieces and laced them together.  The lacing was the reason I wanted to do this snail over again.  I wanted to try the ladder lacing technique.  I just knew it would look better.  It looks good.  Not nearly as messy as the first one.  Thank you Amy Mitten for the extra set of snail guts so I could do this.


The Christmas tree is as done as it is going to get.

I am still waiting for my Casket Keepsakes Kit.  Well maybe I can finish something off while I wait for Monday's mail to arrive.  I didn't pay extra for expedited mail, so now I wait.

We got the ice storm but it isn't bad.  Especially if you don't have to go out in it.  I'll just stay warm and cozy inside.
Hey it's Christmas Eve's Eve's Eve.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment