Thursday, March 20, 2014

Drawn Thread Day 15

Today's Drawn Thread finish is The French Garden.  I made this a long time ago.  I like the color of the linen and I like the design.  There was a mistake in the finishing directions that I remember but I was able to resolve it.


I worked on Hampton Court yesterday.  I finished the central window in the castle.  Most of what's left to do on the castle is with metal threads.  I'm am anxious to work on the fish.

I lined the bargello pockets of Along the River James.


Now I have to look at the directions to see how she attaches them.  I imagine it is with nun's stitches but I need to figure out how many threads are in the sides of the pockets.  I've altered how it was stitched so I have to adapt it.  We'll see how it works out.

I went to my LNS this morning to get some more thread so I can finish the Ladies Prim Society pocket.  I made twisted cording for the edge using all the Weeks Gunmetal thread that I had left and then I realized that I didn't have any matching thread to sew it on with.

The pattern calls for a type of buttonhole stitch on the edge but my buttonhole stitch is never as even as I'd like so I went with the cording.  I put a scalloped edge on the wool pocket.

  I think I sew it on by putting a stitch between each of the scallops.  Almost done-done.
It's the first day of spring (in one hour).  I'm on the look out for my spring Casket Keepsakes kit in the mail.
A

1 comment:

  1. Another very pretty DT.
    You've done a Lot of them!
    Gtreat progress on all of your projects.
    Love the Prim kit.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete