Monday, August 18, 2014

Beetle

This is how far I am on my beetle.  First, the wings are stitched and lined and sewn together.


Second, I am almost done with the thorax.

This is hard for me to stitch because I am scared of really messing this up and it is the dreaded buttonhole stitch.  I only have one more round to go so I should just try it already.

Third, I have started the couching of the legs.  If they are like the butterfly legs and have hedebo stitching all over them, this will be no problem.

I have to do the finger woven cord drawstring.  I can do that, it will just take some time to make.
The face doesn't look like a problem either.  It would be nice to pull all these pieces together.  I want to finish the beetle this week.

I finished up "Chillin'" by Drawn Thread.




 I spent a lot of time yesterday trying to put this together.  I made some mistakes.  But I think there is a mistake in the directions too.  I played with it, trying out several different ways of putting it together.  It looks like the model now but it was very frustrating when I was following the directions and things were not working out.  It is a bit wrinkly.  I need to iron it again.  I regret not putting some interfacing in it.  I still have not figured out where the beads go.  But there you are, it is done.
The bathrooms are clean and I'm off to stitch.
A

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the Beetle all done, greta progress.
    Chillin' is cool. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you finished Chillin! What a beautiful pocket holder!
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete