Tuesday, August 19, 2014

For Better or For Worse

It doesn't seem like I got much done yesterday.  Although getting over the hump of worrying about the thorax was major.  I plugged away on it and for better or worse, I finished it.

I still have to put fray check on the ends of the threads.

I wove one cord.  It went pretty well.  There are a couple of places it isn't quite right.  I'm hoping that I just need the nicer parts of the cord.  We'll see.  I hope to weave the other cord today.

I got the legs all couched and started the hedebo around them.  The beetle has little bumps near his feet that are picots.  The picots look a lot like french knots with three wraps.  So far, so good.

I cut out the beetle head and put holes in it.  Easy.  Then I sewed the eyes on.  One eye is wonky so I'm going to take it off and try again.  Once I get the eyes fixed I can sew it to the thorax.

I'm waiting for store websites to show what they got at the St. Charles market.  I am also very curious as to the next part of Shepherd's Fold.  I've seen some sweet accessories that I'd like.  Jeannette Douglas has a very pretty tape measure that is shaped like an acorn but it is kind of pricey.  I'll have to think about it or let the fates determine whether I run across one at the shops I'll visit later this year.
Maybe I can work on Lindy Mouse's house today too.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment