Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Cookies!

Mr. Mailman came through yesterday and delivered my cookies.  It was fun to open a big box of yum.  I collect cookie molds.  But I have never made or eaten Springerle cookies.  When BFF and I visited Heidelberg Haus last April we heard about the cookies and I made a mental note to order some for the holidays.  I also remembered the fabulous other things I ate there.  So I ordered a ton of cookies and they are here.
This is what the box looked like when I opened it up:

I've frozen most of them since there is just me and DH to eat them.
I got some cherry springerle
and some of the traditional flavor of anise.

They are both very good.  It is fun to pick out certain designs.
Then I got a German Chocolate bun and a pecan bun.

And I got an assortment of their regular cookies.  Isn't that blue tulip cute?

This is a Thanksgiving treat.
How lucky and I?
A

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I love cookies. I remember first learning of springerle molds from Martha Stewart magazine long time ago. And here you got to order some??? I just googled Heidelberg Haus. Is this a restaurant in Seattle WA? I think I am going to order some too. love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of cookies!
    They look delicious though.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete