Monday, February 23, 2015

Monday

The bathrooms are clean.  The walking is done.  It is colder than @#$%&.  Again.  I can hardly believe we are nearing the end of another month.  But the sooner we get some warmer weather the better.
I got almost one whole side of the second handle for The Traveler done.  Yeah!  I think I can finish this soon.

Then I got two thirds of the top band of the Elizabethan Etui done.

 It is going well.  I think I can finish this band soon.  The lower band has some interesting elements to it.  You embroider over pieces of felt (or is it over pieces of muslin, maybe both).  Is that stumpwork?  I guess it might be.  There is a crown on the bottom band.  I love crowns - and it is a big one.
This is an exciting week in the cross stitch world with the Nashville Market starting later this week.  Many new designs and products.  It is fun to see the previews on various websites.  Like I need anything new to stitch.
I confess I turned over from the Oscars last night to watch Downton Abbey.  I thought it was going to be the season finale.  But at the end of the show they said next week is the finale.  Whatever.  So I'll have to go trawling around the web and see who won.  I think it is the usual suspects.
A

2 comments:

  1. Lovely work.... now stay bundled up inside and try your best to forget about the cold.

    ReplyDelete