Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Knucklehead

I was working away on the Benton and Johnson ornament when I encountered a problem.  Hey, I'm missing two beads.  I look around on the table and the floor and under my chair.  No beads, well, no large gold beads anyway.  What am I to do?  I google to see if I can find a source for the beads in the U.S.  No.  Rats.  So I start to write an email to the company:  "Dear Sir, I ordered your ...  " I look up the name of the kit:  Snowflake Christmas Decoration.  Then I take a good look at the photo on the directions.  Oh man, I'm a knucklehead.  Can you see where I went wrong? Mine:
Theirs:
I put beads on the top four arms.  They only put beads on the top set of arms.  Small spangles go o the second set of arms.  ARGH.
Okay, delete that email.  Now what do I do?  Take everything out and fix it?  No way.  Well, I decided to have small spangles on the end of the last set of arms instead.
So now it is finished.  You probably wouldn't notice the mistake if I didn't tell you.  I made sure to save enough of the red wool to finish the back.  The kit directions call for putting white felt on the back.  I like it much better with the same red wool.  I have to admit that the kit calls this red stuff felt but it is a much higher quality than the cheap felt I'm familiar with.\
Anyway, I like how it turned out.  And I like that it is all done and not sitting around getting dusty.

I also worked some on the Folio Bag.  There are 26 little flower things to stitch.  I hate the blue thread because it is hard to work with.  I thought I would try a different flower with different thread and see how it looks.  I don't really like it so I'll take it out and continue with the pattern.

 Seven done, nineteen to go.

It is a nice sunny day here.  Things are really starting to green up.  DH mowed the lawn yesterday for the first time this year.  He's also planting all the dahlias that he over-wintered.  Dozens and dozens of them.  He has tons of geraniums that he is gradually putting outside to get used to the weather.  This is such a nice time of year.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment