Friday, April 24, 2015

Oops

Thanks Linda for letting me know I misspoke when I said that I might use "comic book" in the GPA needlebook finishing.  I goofed.  I meant to write comic board.  I first heard about comic board from Pam Reed of Olde Colonial Designs.

She used it in a project that I took at the Dyeing to Stitch retreat. It works really well as a stiffener in needlework projects.  It's easier to cut than mat board and not as thick.  It is an alternative to skirtex which is not easy to find sometimes.  It is meant to be used to keep comic books in good condition if you are a connoisseur of comic books and like to preserve them in pristine condition for posterity.  It inexpensive and the size of a comic book.  I bought some comic board through Amazon and I am pretty certain that I have a lifetime supply.

Everybody always over estimates how much they can get done.  I thought I could finish the Folio Part two piece yesterday.  Well, it didn't get done.  I am close though.  Maybe today.

I did cut the skirtex for the GPA needlebook.

 I also found some silk that I want to use.  This silk is so gorgeous.

 I got it at Delectable Mountain Fabrics a couple of years ago.  It is kind a nondescript color.  I love the embroidered design on it.

I was a bit discouraged working on the Quaker Bag.  I keep making mistakes!  ARGH  And having to take out over one stitching. ARGH
Before:
After:


Claire, when she is frustrated says "GRRRR" like Daniel Tiger.  It is so cute.
How can it be Friday again???
A

4 comments:

  1. I took a class from Ellen Chester who uses the comic board also. I like it for finishing since it is easier for my arthritic hands cut precisely. I haven't started my Quaker bag because of all the corrections I keep seeing. I hate frogging over 1!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I don't know -- I like comic book.

    Congrats on your progress and happy finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comic book sounds better. :)
    We don't care what you call it Amy, we enjoy your projects.
    Great progress.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete