Saturday, April 4, 2015

The Owl and the Pussycat

Betsy Morgan told me about this kit she was getting when I was at Williamsburg last December.  Being a fan of Jenny Adin-Christie, I looked all over the web for a photo.  I found one.  I wanted this kit too.  Jenny is a well known teacher of needlework.  She is very busy teaching all over the world.  Australia, Switzerland, England.  I emailed her and asked if I could buy a kit.  She said she would be making more kits next year (2015).  So I have been waiting to get this kit since December.  I made her Hampton Court last year and it was marvelous.  I learned a lot.  Her directions are great.  And if you have a problem, you can email her and she will help you.  I was thrilled this week when my kit arrived.
First of all, it comes in a bag with the photo of the project on the front.
Then there is a book of instructions.  This one has 39 pages.

Then the ingredients are inside the bag.  Tons of parts.  Many small bags with labels.


The ground fabric is the most gorgeous color of blue/green.  The computer doesn't do it justice.
Everything you need is in the kit - even some glue.
I can see now that even the photo on the kit does not show how beautiful this will be.  One could be intimidated by all this.  But having made Hampton Court, I know I can do it.  But it will be a major project and will definitely take a while to make.  I'll be so proud when it is done though.
A

2 comments:

  1. This looks like an interesting piece.
    Look at all of that bling!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a stunning new project kit! I love the design. 39 pages? Oh my! I know you will do an amazing job. love Annette

    ReplyDelete