Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Stuff

Life got in the way of blogging yesterday.  I am the proud new owner of a crown for my tooth.  Now I can chew on both sides again.  The dentist said I was lucky that this crown fell out.  He said if it had fallen out next year, he probably wouldn't have been able to save the tooth.  The old crown was 19 years old.  Whoa, times flies when you're having fun.
Then the insurance adjuster came to tell me that my car is totaled.  That means it will cost more to fix it than the car is worth. A minor fender-bender has become a big headache.  (Not my fault!)  We have to decide what to do next.  Still thinking . . .
So anyway I have been working on my eyelets for Friesland.  I'm on the 15th one now.  If I worked at it I could finish them today.

Then I went back to working on Drawn Thread's Pastoral pocket.  It is almost finished!  If I worked diligently I could finish this today too.  We'll see.


Maria asked me if I sewed my Shepherd's Fold needleroll with right sides together and then turned it right side out.  Yes I did.  Was it wrinkly?  Yes, very.  But I stuffed it with polyfil which smoothed it out a lot and then I ironed it.  I was happy with it then.  You might not have any wrinkling problems if you use the overdyed linen that is in the kit as it is softer and less prone to wrinkles.  BTY, I used my sewing machine to sew the needleroll together.
One week and I go to Arizona!
A

3 comments:

  1. I have a 27 year old gold crown. Now I wonder if gold lasts longer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got your tooth fixed, but sorry about your car. :(
    Greta progress on both.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's more like it! At least the dental crown is working well enough for you to indulge in the stuff which you previously weren't able to: the simple joys in life such as gnashing your teeth and chewing food properly. Now, you have all the time in the world to fully indulge in that. Good day!

    Benny Murray @ Dental Care Of South Jersey

    ReplyDelete