Sunday, May 3, 2015

Whole Lotta Shaking

As I was sitting in my happy chair stitching at about 12:30 yesterday things started rumbling.  DH and I thought it was a heavy truck going by.  But then I could see the corners of the room moving.  Boy this is weird I thought.  After about 10 seconds (it seemed much longer than that), it stopped.  Everything was quiet.  We had an earthquake!  There are never earthquakes here, what is going on?  Global warming?  Fracking?  It was a 4.2 quake.  We got a kick out of a post about someones plastic lawn chair being knocked over with the caption :  We will rebuild.  Pretty funny.  No damage but it was a very unusual experience.

I worked on the Friesland needle flap.  It seems to be going soooo slowly.  I'm liking my color changes.

I finished my book, The Goldfinch.  It was very philosophical at the end. I bought another one: All the Light We Cannot See.

I started The Drawn Thread Pastoral Pocket.

I like the butterfly.  It seems to be going faster than the flap or maybe I'm feeling restless.

It is supposed to be hot here today. 78 degrees.  Wow.  I may put on shorts for the first time this year.
A

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's scary.
    Can't wait to see more of The Pastoral.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I really love about your blog - the way you can put things down to earth. Natural disasters, them we can’t do anything about, so let concentrate on something tangible - like stitching. And yes I am amazed upon the number of things you stitch – Love your blog. Dorte

    ReplyDelete