Sunday, July 26, 2015

Almost

I am almost done stitching the Stitching By the Sea pin cushion.  I just have a little bit of two sand dollars to do and then I can cut it out and try sewing it together.  I've never made a pin cushion in this shape so we'll see how it works out.

I finished up this little disc pin cushion.  I wasn't sure about the color around the edge (yellow).  But I didn't have anything else that seemed to work.  So I went with it.


I changed some stuff and I like how it turned out.

I should get the new Amy Mitten kit for Harmony in the mail tomorrow.  I've read through the first few lessons.  It is great that each step is simple so I believe that I can do it.
It is another nice summer day.  I am noticing that the days are getting shorter.  These are the days to remember in the middle of winter.
Barbara asked about my next retreat.  Well, the next thing going on isn't really a retreat, it is a road trip.  BFF#2 and I are planning a trip to Minneapolis in the middle of August.  She has never been to Stitchville.  BFF#1 also lives in the Minneapolis area so we will meet up and hit the fun spots in the area: the General Store, Fabric Outlet, and Eagle Creek Quilt Shop.  I think BFF#2 would like to see the casket and mirror at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts too.  DS#1 also lives there so we can visit with him and DIL.
Happy Sunday!
A

1 comment:

  1. By the sea looks great. The disc pattern -who is that by. I love it! Stitchville USA is awesome!

    ReplyDelete