Wednesday, July 22, 2015

La D Da Class

Now it is Friday of the Silver Needle Retreat.  I get up and walk.

  I have to time things well today to get to class by 9.  I decide to eat breakfast at the Starbucks across the street from the hotel as I will get more what I want and it will cost me half as much as the hotel buffet.  This Starbucks has State Police that like to hang out there too.  I take the shuttle to the shop.  The shop opens early for us.  I want to get some silk for tomorrow's class with Cynthia.  When I get to the classroom I find that every seat has a little treat of a delicious cupcake.

 It's a little early for dessert but I eat it anyway.
Then we have a goodie bag of nice things.  At first I think it is our kit as it has a chart and floss in it.  But it is just gifts for us.
Very nice.
There are five other women at my table.  Two of them are sisters who are nice and interesting and more my age.  The other three are from Texas.  I love that moment when we get a whole new complete kit in front of us.  This is our project from Lori of La-D-Da:

Tall House Needlebook.  It is all cross stitch, no specialty stitches so it should be pretty easy to stitch.  We all get started.  Lori goes around from table to table checking to see how we are doing and if we have any questions.  That is a good way of doing it as this class is so huge.  It is hard to talk to all of us at once.  I take a break and walk to the quilt store.  I get this (it was on sale):
I see some other stuff I want to buy later.
Lunch is several different salads and chicken legs.  Snacks are set out and we always have a choice of chips, mini candy bars, dried fruit, nuts (cashews even, I love those), M & M's, and drinks.  You won't go hungry here.
After lunch we are back to stitching.  Isn't it great to have a whole day to stitch and shop?  I decide that I want to buy Cynthia's Ricardo's Roses after hearing about Ricardo.  I have admired this pattern anyway.
In the middle of the afternoon, they bring in ice cream!  I love an ice cream sandwich.
On tables in the back of the room are all the pin cushions people have made for the fund raiser.  I forgot to bring one so I am not participating.  It is fun to see all the different ones people have made.  They are all different.  

A customer and friend of the store has passed away and her collection of samplers is for sale.  There are quite a few and it is fun to look through them.  I didn't buy any.
The two sisters give me a ride back to the hotel.  I grab a bag of chips for dinner.  I'm kind of full from all the stuff we had to eat today.  I work on Tall House and make really good progress.  One lady actually finishes hers but she had to stay up until midnight doing it.
It was a fun day!
A

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a wonderful time at the retreat. La D Da is a favorite of mine. I look forward to seeing your progress on the Tall House Needlebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great time.
    The La D Da project is nice.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete